About

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

No sense of direction

So I'm always getting lost when I'm wandering around the city alone. Especially when I'm required to walk to my destination that can be blocks or avenues away...
Which is why having a GPS on my blackberry would be sooo handy right? absolutely incorrect!
I don't know how I manage to get lost when I'm given directions, of course it would help if they were walking directions rather than driving directions. In any case, I get the picture.

So after getting off the 6 and saying goodbye to JP i go to Bloomingdales to get my mama the aqua fusion lancome moisturizer, along came 7 out of 14 samples of my choice AND a 10 day sample of foundation! sweeeeet. I remembered there being a Sephora around the neighborhood and I decided to use my handy dandy GPS and it pretty much told me that i was .1 miles away...
I don't remember which ave. i was on but I remember seeing 3rd ave, Lexington n 2nd and 59 st. to 66th? the point is I was wandering around aimlessly for a good 30 mins...
Ready to give up, I walked back to the train station n wanted to jus take the train to the sephoras that i know. Unable to put my pride down...if thats how the saying goes. I walked back outta the station n tried finding sephora on lexington again. I couldnt have been happier to see the container store, I stepped inside because i was so cold from the windy hitting me....nothing interesting on the 1st floor, the 2nd floor was just too far away. Minutes later, I stepped back onto the battlefield and crossed the street....then i looked up and there it was, a halo hovering over Sephora. It was one of the happiest and proudest moments :`(

ALAS...LAND HO!
So I walk into Sephora and I had to get something after my long journey and having a $50 giftcard on hand didn't hurt either. Thanks Yoshi! I really want the MAC stippling brush but thought maybe I can find something cheaper at Sephora, for $35 i think I'd rather get the MAC. Upstairs I wandered around for quite a longggg time, browsing every skincare thing they had and you know what? not one person greeted me. I'm not sure if I felt offended or relieved that I didn't have to bother with them. In the end I bought a moisturizer from the Sephora collection. I'll probably review it next week.
I was extremely confused when the cashier said it was $10 but I checked sephora.com and retail was $20 but lucky for me its on sale :D

Btw I just wanted to mention: http://m.sephora.com
it is extremely handy when you're in sephora and you're contemplating bout a purchase. All you have to do is type the 12# upc code or type the name of the product and it'll give u the reviews! absolutely awesome!
until next time.... ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment