About

Friday, March 26, 2010

MAC 187 Brush and Fix+

I have been dying to get the stippling brush and the Fix+ cuz I felt that with those two, my life is pretty much set lol. I recently bought the Revlon ColorStay foundation and I wanted to try it for a really long time. The moment I got home, I tried it with the foundation brush that came with the Bare Minerals kit and I'm pretty sure I put too much cuz it was lookin cakey like no other. After that I went to Jacks 99 cents store hoping I could find an ELF foundation brush for a buck but only the blush brush was left :( There wasn't a day where I didn't think about the stippling brush lol. Anyhoooo I finally got them today and I was sooooooo psyched! :D

FIX+
So I'm a bit confused bout its purpose, some say you spray it before you apply makeup so it sticks better n lasts longer and you also spray it in the end to make it less cakey. THEN others say its like the Evian spray and its just to make everything settle in the end. So does that mean that I don't need to use my primer anymore and I can just use that? Idk I guess I'll just have to try it out myself and see which works well for me. Some gals said it was greasy but I didn't get that impression, it was very refreshing and I did feel that it set my makeup pretty well. Two thumbs up for the FIX+ :D
MAC 187 
This brush is $42+tax and it is indeed very pricey but I would guess that this is supposed to last me a lifetime of some sort. Plus its made in Japan so you know its good stuff. It was so exciting removing the wrapper from the brush and I swear this brush is soo super duper soft.

Application
1- I sprayed the Fix+ about 3 times so it covered all regions of my face and neck.
I learned from Enkore to put the foundation on a dish and then dip your brush in it and stipple away. I tried putting the foundation on my hand and dipping the brush onto it but then I forgot about it cuz I was in a rush to leave and realized I never took the foundation off my hand and while I was trying to scrub it off at work....soap just doesn't get it off soo I just spent the day with a blob of foundation stain on my left hand lol. But its all good, no one noticed. 
2- Getting back to stippling, the application went very smoothly and evenly. Everything blended in very well from just stippling, I didn't stipple and blend because that would defeat the purpose of stippling and attempting to achieve an airbrushed look. However, my arm was gettin pretty tired from a constant "jerking" motion, hopefully I won't end up with carpal tunnel or something. :/
As far as the hard to reach places go, I didn't have a problem with the eye area or the nose crease area.
3- I waited for about 30 seconds or so and I set it with the Mineral Veil. I wanted to apply the bare minerals foundation on top of the Revlon foundation to get an even better coverage but again, I don't want to deal with cakey-ness and start over. So the Veil was just what I needed. 
4- Finally I sprayed the FIX+ again in the hopes of making everything blend out and look al naturale. 

Until next time...ta ta! 

 Oh yea and the Dazzleglass, Baby sparks, was a present from a fellow co-worker as a late bday present :D

1 comment: